Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Something New, Something Blue, Something Borrowed

 
 
 
I decided it was time to put together a new site that I've been thinking about for a long time now...something that takes the home stuff, fashion stuff, photography, books, etc. away from Running to Stand Still so that the site can just focus on the longer, more drawn out journal written adventures/spirituality posts. 

People don't necessarily want to weed through all of the long posts just to get to the shopping, recipes and DIY posts.  By keeping everything separate, it will help people find what they're looking for in a shortened post, as well as allow for each audience to head to whichever site floats their boat. 

Besides the home and fashion stuff, I'll also be talking about the little discoveries I find that are worth sharing, like amazing new sites, products and memberships that are worth every single penny.

Oh, and for those who loved the Fantasy Wardrobe posts and how to create your own...this site will help you with that.  I'm also going to be putting a lot of my rare finds up in the SHOP MY CLOSET (see tab in the navigation bar).  You'll find a lot of designer stuff in my closet, as well as bags upon bags I've accumulated over the years and only carried for a week. 

Did I mention I have a purse collection?  Some people call it an obsession.  I call it my PURSE WARDROBE.  I've been phasing out the non-couture bags and filling the closet with couture bags and bags I've picked up in my international travels.  I'm sure the collection will grow even more when I finally buy and move into my new house.  As for now, I don't have enough room for the entire closet, so the items I'm phasing out of the closet are the non-couture bags...which you will also find in the SHOP MY CLOSET.

Did I mention that since I live in NYC I can find major deals all of the time?  I used to buy Valentino scarves at $40 (retail is over $300).  I once bought a $3,300+ Valentino dress for $2.  Best $2 I've ever spent in my entire life.  When I was in Italy, I told the woman in Florence who was willing to work a deal with me on a Valentino scarf that I paid only $40 in NYC for a Valentino scarf (and I have around 10 scarves).  She said it was impossible.  She bought hers direct from the House of Valentino and couldn't get them for less than 235 euros.  In NYC, you apparently can get the better deal.

Why do I mention this?  Because some of these finds I'm willing to pass on to the readers in the SHOP MY CLOSET.  I put up the first batch of Prada, Fendi, Jimmy Choo and Valentino I'm parting with.  I have a couple of Nicole Miller dresses waiting, as well as some Marc Jacobs, Armani Exchange and Kate Spade items to go up.  So check the tab out each week to see what's available.  Oh, and SHIPPING IS FREE (sorry, I'm only selling to US customers). 

Now, enough about my closet...

Another aspect of this site will also share with you my New Year's Resolution to read 52 books this year (10 classics).  I'll share with you what I'm reading along with a synopsis of my review of the book. 

Soon, I'll also be making my photographs available for sale.  You'll be able to get exclusive sneak peeks into the latest collections I'm working on. 

So that's about it for the introductory post on what's going on and why there's a new site.  I hope you like it and will pass the word on. 

Thanks for stopping by!

xxoo,
Michelle
 


 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment