Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bag of the Week: Prada

 

And the Devil Wears Prada...

This happens to be a great bag I picked up from Fashionphile.  Fashionphile deals in couture designer consignment accessories.  You can pick up some qualitative merchandise for much less than the retail price. 

Besides the great, qualitative authentic merchandise, there are two things I love about the site: 1) you can put the items on layaway, and 2) you can use your own unwanted couture collection as credit for future items. 

For instance, this year, since I'm preparing for the move, I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff.  Instead of wasting time with Craigslist, consignment shops, etc., I sent a few pieces to Fashionphile and received a credit on account for the items they accepted.  You can opt to consign or just sell the bag outright to them.  I don't have the patience to consign so I just sold the items to them.  You can opt to receive a check or obtain credit on account towards a future purchase. 

Since my New Year's Resolution goal = a Chanel bag as a reward for successfully completing 52 books (10 classics), I'm using the credit towards that Chanel bag as well as clearing out my closet.

The layaway option is a nice feature.  If you see a bag you like, you can pay the minimum on it and then you'll have 90 days to pay it off. 

This Prada bag is my second purchase from them.  I originally purchased an Hermes agenda from them a few months ago.  It was perfect!

For those fashionistas looking to upgrade their accessories collection to more haute couture designers, I highly recommend Fashionphile.  There are a lot of reasonably priced items.  The layaway option makes it more realistic to own those bags. 

If you're already a haute couture accessories collector, you can get rid of the stuff you're tired of (make sure you have your paperwork), and use the accepted offers for credit or cash. 

As for the "Devil Wears Prada" comment...check out the latest book in the series this summer: Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns

{Thanks to PopSugar Must Have for sending me a copy.}
 
xxoo,
 
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment