Thursday, July 11, 2013

Bag of the Week: Tory Burch Amalie Tote


 


Many, many months ago, one of my colleagues suggested I do regular posts on my bag of the week...as in...what bag I'm carrying this week.  To start off that weekly tradition of posting a pic of my bag of the week, allow me to introduce you to this week's bag: the Amalie Wildflower tote by Tory Burch. 

When I picked this bag up from Bloomingdale's last week, it was one of those...I saw it, asked how much it was and bought it.  The sales lady didn't know it was on sale.  I had done my research before going into the store.  I picked it up and said, "This should be on sale, can you tell me how much it is after the extra 20% off coupon?" 

After she told me the price, I responded, "Wrap her up."

The sales lady was amazed that I knew exactly what I was looking for and didn't waste time browsing around looking for something.  I told her that I needed to know what I was looking for when I walked into the store.  Why?  Because of their marble floors.  I can't walk around on their floors for long periods of time without needing to be carried off in a wheelchair (walking around on marble floors causes excrutiating pain for me).  Shopping in person is very rare for me.  I usually know exactly what I'm looking for if and when I do walk into any store. 

Usually if I'm paying the store a visit, it's because they may have a better sale than what they list online OR I need to try on the product.  For this shopping trip, I was trying on formal gowns for the upcoming opera season.  Two gowns, a dress, sweater and top later...I was looking for a new Rebecca Minkoff bag, but didn't see anything I wanted to add to the RM collection when I remembered I needed a weekender bag.  More specifically, I was looking for the Tory Burch Robinson weekender bag.

I explained the dilemma to the sales clerk in the Tory Burch department.  The Robinson weekender was apparently not in stock at the moment.  When I saw the Amalie tote, I picked it up and decided, well...since I'm here...

I was eyeing this tote online, so with the discounts putting it around $170, I had to have it.  Apparently, I purchased the last one. 

There is an alert that comes up for the sales clerk when this happens.  The computer notifies her that she needs to put in an order for more...when she pulled up the stock list, it came back with only ONE tote left in stock in all of the Bloomingdale's network.

So that means...you won't be able to get this exact tote style, but you will be able to get a different tote style with the same pattern.


 

This style is available at both Nordstrom (retail: $295) and Saks Fifth Avenue (retail: $275).

As for the Weekender bag...I did find one.  I'm not a fan of Longchamp, and I told the sales lady this, but she convinced me to buy it after I saw how HUGE it was and how it would fit my travel needs this fall.  She said it was one of the biggest bags they're carrying right now.

 

This weekender is expandable.  The way it is pictured above, that is how it looks when it is not expanded.  Pretty big, right?  When it is expanded, it looks like this...


 

It's a pretty big bag...big enough for three weeks of traveling and not dragging a suitcase along behind you.  You can find this bag at Bloomingdale's (retail: $255).

I have a lot of BIG bags...this one is officially the biggest of them all (even when it's not expanded).

Now, before I go, I wanted to give you a few outfit ideas on a couple of items that would look great with the Amalie bag.  Here are a few pieces I'm loving from Tory Burch...


 

 

The Alice Dress is super cute.  A little pricey, but adorable. (retail: $895).  As for the Chandra Loafers (retail: $250), they look almost exactly like the mini-print on the Amalie tote. 

You can find these items at Tory Burch.

Oh, and if you're curious what the b/w stripe skirt is from the first photo...


 

I picked this up from Ann Taylor on Monday.  I didn't think I would like it, but I'm in the market for dresses right now and this looked amazing on.  Retail is $98, but today, it's on sale (50% off).

xxoo,

Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment